- 10 ounces of classic hummus
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (add to desired taste)
- Cinnamon (add to desired taste)
- Paprika (add to desired taste)
- Nutmeg (add to desired taste)
- Pumpkin Pie spice (add to desired taste)
- Dash of ginger
Combine all ingredients in large bowl. All ingredients can be adjusted to individual taste.
Recommended wine pairing: Rhapsody in Blue
- 2 apples, cored and cut into slices (Pink Lady or Honey Crisp are preferred)
- 4 slices sharp cheddar, cut into thin slices
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled or real bacon bits
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Create rows of apple slices about 1/2″ apart. Top with cheese and bacon.
Bake until cheese has partially melted, 7 to 9 minutes. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with pepper before serving.
Recommended wine pairing: Classical White
Cheesy Spinach Balls
- 2 packages of chopped spinach
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. thyme
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups herb stuffing or seasoned breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 350°.
Cook and drain spinach. Mix with remaining ingredients and chill ½ hour or more.
Roll mixture into balls (yields approx. 48 balls) and place on cookie sheet.
Bake 15 minutes.
Can be frozen or reheated.
Recommended wine pairing: Valley Red
Cranberry BBQ Meatballs
32 ounce package frozen cooked plain meatballs (Approx. 50 meatballs)
16 ounce can cranberry sauce
¾ cup barbecue sauce
Combine all ingredients and cook on stovetop or crockpot until cooked through and hot.
Recommended wine pairing: Chambourcin
Sweet Potato Casserole Bites
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 5-6 large marshmallows
- 15-20 pecan halves or 3 ounces of pecan pieces
- Olive Oil/Non-Stick spray
Preheat oven to 400°.
Peel sweet potatoes and slice 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
Slice each marshmallow into 3 pieces. (It is easier if you use a serrated knife and chill marshmallows in refrigerator before slicing.)
Lightly drizzle sweet potato slices with olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
Transfer sweet potato slices to foil-lined baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick.
Bake for 10 minutes. Flip slices and bake 10 more minutes.
Top sweet potatoes with marshmallow slices and broil on high for 30-60 seconds or until lightly browned.
Remove from oven and immediately top with pecans.
Recommended wine pairing: Masquerade